F1 in Schools Curriculum Resource
- Run a cross-curricular project based on a global competition
- Gain ready-to-use resources for key curriculum subjects
- Get involved in a huge sporting phenomenon
Offer pupils the chance to become world champions
The F1 in Schools Curriculum Resource presents the opportunity for your school to:
- bring learning to life
- motivate pupils
- set up cross-curricular learning easily and quickly
- reward your pupils at a regional, national and international level.
Benefit the whole school
The F1 in Schools Curriculum Resource can help your school to:
- improve behaviour –The engaging nature of the activities and the glamorous topic makes pupils want to learn.
- raise achievement – The element of competition helps to motivate pupils.
- encourage independent learning – The open-ended nature of the project enables boys’ and girls’ talents to flourish – whatever their interests.
- involve pupils of all ages and abilities –The resource helps to embed the competition in the school timetable.
What is F1 in Schools?
F1 in Schools, the Formula One (F1) challenge, is a multi-disciplinary contest involving over 30 countries. Pupils plan, design, manufacture, test and then race miniature balsa wood racing cars powered by compressed gas. For more information, visit www.f1inschools.co.uk.
Support hard-pressed staff
Comprehensive guidance on managing the project is included, helping you to:
- set up the project to suit your school
- provide differentiated activities
- assess pupils’work
- monitor pupils’ progress.
Support cross-curricular learning
Setting up project-based or enquiry-based learning in school can be a challenge. The F1 in Schools Curriculum Resource presents a fully supported, tried and tested project which is ready to use.
All available online, every year
The F1 in Schools Curriculum Resource is accessed online and is sold with a full site licence for use in your school for the subscription period (12 months). The licence enables you to share and copy the material throughout your school. A wealth of editable digital files is included which can be viewed onscreen or printed on demand.
Gain a huge range of material
The F1 in Schools Curriculum Resource is available in three editions. View the pages below for more information.
Designed for pupils aged 11-14 to participate in the Bloodhound SSC level of the F1 in Schools challenge.
Designed for pupils aged 11-14 to participate in the F1 Class level of the F1 in Schools challenge.
Designed for students aged 14-19 to participate in the F1 Class level of the F1 in Schools challenge.